2013 Governor Matthew H. Mead's Business Forum
Wyoming’s second Governor Matthew H. Mead’s Business Forum…Don’t miss the state’s largest and most impressive assemblage of business, civic, and political leaders. When—November 19-20; Where—Little America Hotel and Resort, Cheyenne.
Tuesday, November 19 - 8 AM - 5 PM (Includes lunch)
5:30 PM No - Host Reception
6:30 PM Inaugural Wyoming Business Hall of Fame Dinner
Wednesday, November 20 - 7 AM - 12 Noon (includes breakfast)
This will mark the 31st annual Wyoming Forum, an event staged yearly by the Wyoming Business Alliance/Wyoming Heritage Foundation. Civility and Public Discourse is the sub-theme…You will hear from:
- David McCullough, the twice award winning Pulitzer prize and Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient— author of the bestselling 1776, Truman, and John Adamsbooks. After speaking to the Forum in Cheyenne Mr. McCullough travels to Dallas to be the principal speaker for a national memorial recognizing President John F. Kennedy.
- Governor Matt Mead, Wyoming’s thirty-second Governor, was elected by an overwhelming margin in 2010. The Governor’s welcoming approach defines Wyoming hospitality.
- South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard is the 32nd Governor of South Dakota. As Governor he emphasizes job creation, sound fiscal management, and efficient government operation. Days after taking office, Daugaard proposed and the Legislature passed a state budget that eliminated a $127 million structural deficit, without raising taxes. Governor Daugaard signed the "Building South Dakota" legislation in 2012, enacting the most significant change to the state's economic development programs since the Mickelson Administration. He is addressing the need for a skilled workforce through the aggressive South Dakota Workforce Initiative, or "SD WINS".
- Herb Meyer served as Vice Chairman of the CIA’s National Intelligence Council. He is credited with being the first senior US official to forecast the collapse of the Soviet Union. His speaking topic—“The Siege of Western Civilization.”
- Dave McSpadden, hospitality and real estate entrepreneur and author of “Gonna Jump?...Take a Parachute!”, Past Rotary International District Governor and a member of the Global Speakers Federation.
- Kevin Parker, Washington State Representative from Spokane, is a survivor of the 1999 Columbine High School shooting incident in Colorado. His themes— be a citizen not just a resident and the world is tired of leaders who don’t know where they are going.
Keynote Speaker: David McCullough, Pulitzer Prize Winning Author and Historian
- When: Tuesday, November 19 - 8 AM - 5 PM (Includes lunch), Wednesday, November 20 - 7 AM - 12 Noon (includes breakfast)
- Start: 19 November 2013
- End: 20 November 2013