Building Awareness: Sensitivity and Human Relationships
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Time: 01:30 PM - 03:00 PM
Location: G-54 Classroom Rose Administration
Sensitivity to the circumstances and feelings of others is the cornerstone of human relationships. Sensitivity Training exists to make people more aware of their own prejudices, sensitivities, and behaviors..with the aim of enhancing their sensitivity toward others. This course is designed to:
- Heighten awareness of the need for "sensitivity in the workplace"
- Provide opportunities to assess how words/actions may be misinterpreted or offensive and how to re-frame those comments/actions
- Engage participants in thought provoking activities designed to promote an atmosphere for open dialogue
- Increase knowledge of campus resources that reinforce the importance of being a respectful, tolerant, and inclusive workplace
UA's definition for the competency - Sensitivity is: Understands and demonstrates genuine consideration for the feelings and needs of others; takes action based on an accurate appraisal of the feelings, skills, competencies and needs of others.
- When: 01:30 PM - 03:00 PM
- Start: 20 November 2013
- End: 20 November 2013 23:59