Discussion on the Global Trends in Entrepreneurship with Amway
Please join us on Monday, November 18, as Steve Van Andel, chairman of Amway and chairman of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, kicks off the 5th Annual Global Entrepreneurship Week by presenting the results of the 2013 Amway Global Entrepreneurship Report (AGER).
In collaboration with GfK Research and the Entrepreneurship Centre at the University of Munich, a distinguished group of scholars studied attitudes related to entrepreneurship in 24 countries. Dr. Patricia P. McDougall-Covin, Director, Institute for International Business, and Professor of Entrepreneurship, Indiana University's Kelley School of Business, will lead a panel of experts to discuss the report's key findings and current thinking about global trends in entrepreneurship.
- More than two-thirds of the respondents in 24 countries have a positive attitude toward self-employment.
- The United States has the highest percentage of people who are not afraid to fail with an enterprise.
- Americans still believe that the United States is extremely entrepreneurship friendly. But what can we learn from Denmark's and Australia's overwhelming optimism?
Confirmed speakers also include:
- Doug DeVos, President, Amway
- John Raidt, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Scholar and Author of Eight Factors of American Competitiveness
- Gayle Jagel, Founder & CEO, Young Entrepreneurs Academy Inc. (YEA!)
- The Honorable Hector Barreto, Chairman, The Latino Coalition
- Donna Harris, co-Founder, 1776
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
1615 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20062
- When: Doors Open: 8:30 a.m.; Program: 9:00 -10:30 a.m.
- Start: 18 November 2013
- End: 18 November 2013