Research to Start-Up
If you or anyone in your department has considered starting a company involving the commercialization of Penn State research, this is an excellent opportunity to come and discuss your ideas and get a brief introduction to the process.
This 90 minute overview educates Penn State faculty, researchers and grad students on the steps necessary to take their research from the labs to starting, managing, and growing their own business.
Date: November 18, 2013
Time: 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Where: 358 Willard Building, University Park Campus
At this brief meeting the following topics will be included:
· a brief overview of Penn State’s intellectual property polices
· an overview of key business issues to consider including how to better understand the market opportunity
· a brief discussion on early stage financing – where to find funding
· how to begin the commercialization process with Penn State and the Office of Technology Management (OTM) and when this is necessary
· importance of filing an Invention Disclosure with Penn State
Who Should Attend? Penn State faculty and researchers with an idea/product as well as some interest in commercializing this research and starting a company
How Do I Register? Please visit www.sbdc.psu.edu/seminar-registration.asp to register. Registration is requested, due to limited seating. Passport qualifed event.
Directions: University Park Campus—about three blocks from Burrowes Road on Pollock Road—http://www.geog.psu.edu/sites/default/files/2014%20CampusMap%20V4.pdf — Building Code: WLD
- When: 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- Start: 18 November 2013