Students and Companies interested please register via CMC's website at: http://www.cmc.iit.edu/StartUp_Forum/Default.aspx.
The Startup Forum is organized by IIT Entrepreneurship Academy and Career Management Center (CMC). The aim of this event is to match our talented students with emerging startup companies in a social and exciting environment. With the attendance of startup entrepreneurs, immigration lawyers and IIT alum, we hope you can meet great people, get your questions answered and learn why it’s great to work at a startup company. Special emphasis will be on immigration issues for foreign entrepreneurs and startup employees.
- Vice Chair of Commercial Real Estate at Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- Principal/Broker/Owner at Trandai Realty
- General Partner at New Asia & Associates
- Board of Director at IL CCIM
Elizabeth Rompf Bruen -
- Immigration Attorney at Scott D. Pollock & Associates
Elizabeth Schwab, Psy.D. -
- Assistant Professor at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Adjunct Faculty of Advancing Career and Education program, Stuart School of Business,Illinois Institute of Technology
Kasra Moshkani -
- Co-Founder at HireBrite
Michael Brown -
- Immigration Attorney at Clark Hill
- Member of IIT Alumni Board of Director
Chris Motley -
- Founder & CEO at Better Weekdays
Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Time: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Venue: IIT Main Campus, McCormick Tribune Campus Center (MTCC), Ballroom
4:00pm - 5:30pm: Social Hours: Get Connected to the Next Level
Students will meet startups who are interested in hiring them, and international students will learn where to go for immigration help. Entrepreneurs will meet prospective partners and hear the experience of others who have successfully worked with an immigrant cofounder.
5:30pm - 7:00pm: Panel Discussion: Working at A Startup and Immigration Issues
A panel of startup entrepreneurs, immigration lawyer, and hiring professionals will answer your questions related to the challenges of both domestic and international students working in the startup world.
To view more events during Global Entrepreneurship Week, please visit this link
Registration is $10 for early birds and $15 for walk-in students. Business casual attire is recommended. Spaces are limited so register now to confrim your spot! This event is OPEN TO ALL!
- When: 4:00 - 7:00pm
- Start: 19 November 2013
- End: 19 November 2013