Finalists for World Series of Innovation Announced
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship just announced the finalists for its World Series of Innovation—selecting 24 teams from 9 countries to compete for up to $10,000 and a range of prizes from Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Amazon and others.
The finalists emerged from more than 700 entries into the competition, a featured activity of Global Entrepreneurship Week. Winners will be selected in eight categories:
• Tablet / Smartphone App Design, sponsored by Microsoft [vote]
• 40 Chances Food & Nutrition Solutions, sponsored by 40 Chances [vote]
• Sparkling Beverage Marketing Plan [vote]]
• Replicable Business Design [vote]
• SAP Technology Sports Challenge [vote]
• Literacy Game or App [vote]
• Tablet/Smartphone Game Design [vote]
• Community Committed & Job Fit [vote]
For each category there will be “Peoples Choice” winners, who are chosen by popular vote and “Adjudicator’s Choice”, who are chosen by a panel of judges from sponsoring organizations. Winners may receive cash prizes of up to $10,000 while others will receive Microsoft software packages or $250 gift cards from Coco-Cola or Amazon.com.
Finalists from each category will receive a prize package of Coca-Cola merchandise, and a $25 Amazon.com gift card.
To become a finalist for this event, students must organize a team of between 2-5 young people between the ages of 11-24. They must then submit short commercial for a unique product or service that will address a niche market. This event provides students from all over the country and around the world a chance to display their creativity in a unique setting.