GEW/USA News & Updates: DC, Texas, Ohio, Wisconsin Partners
With less then 6 months left until GEW this year, November 18-24th, we want to welcome new partners from across the country to our network and highlight partner plans for this year.
Today we take a look at some new activities in Washington D.C., and new partners in Texas, Ohio and Wisconsin.
The George Washington University School of Business in Washington, D.C. is furthering the entrepreneurial spirit and has registered the Pitch George Elevator Competition. Participants compete at 3 tiers: graduate, undergraduate, and high school to win prize money, valuable feedback from real-life entrepreneurs and are granted an automatic advancement to the semi-finals of the GW Business Plan Competition.
New Partners to the GEW Network this year include:
- The Dallas Entrepreneur Center (DEC) in Dallas, Texas, founded in 2013, serves as an incubator for local startups.
- Hack Houston in Houston, Texas; hosts meetups & happy hours with fellow entrepreneurs, to learn about new technologies, lean startup methodologies and receive constructive feedback.
- LEAP (LightHouse Entrepreneurial Accelerator Program) of Shaker Heights, Ohio, aims to take some of Northeastern Ohio's most promising student startups/ideas, and develop them into reality over the course of a 6-week summer program.
- The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater of Whitewater, Wisconsin has also become a GEW Partner; with a strong entrepreneurship undergraduate program.
- Cibola, an Entrepreneurship and Tech Incubator supporting underrepresented minorities and furthering community economic development within the Pilsen neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois.
In other news from the Unleashing Ideas network: