GEW/USA Partner News: White House Launches 2nd Presidential Innovation Fellows Program
Last November, the White House backed GEW/USA by proclaiming it National Entrepreneurship Month and holding a Celebration of Global Entrepreneurship event during GEW. It recently continued its focus on unleashing ideas through announcing the second round of the Presidential Innovation Fellows program (#InnovateGov) highlighting nine exciting projects. The Presidential Innovation Fellows program offers a unique opportunity for Americans to work together to advance the public good and have an impact on a national scale. Apply today or encourage friends to apply, and support the Fellows’ projects. GEW/USA is celebrated during one week each November, it is fueled by the year-round efforts of more than 1,000 partners throughout the country. Each week, we highlight how our partners continue to further their entrepreneurial ecosystems. Below are some examples:
- A The Kauffman Foundation addressed challenges and opportunities in financing new and young companies at its fourth annual State of Entrepreneurship Address at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. Watch the full address here.
- The 2013 Junior Achievement Business Hall Of Fame Ceremony was held Thursday morning at the Sloan Convention Center in Bowling Green, KY. John Holland of Fruit of the Loom and the late Charles M. Moore, Jr. were inducted into this year's class.
- Three members of the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE) have been selected to pilot an entrepreneurship education and startup funding program known as the Innovation Fund America (IFA).
- Women 2.0 Conference 2013, in San Francisco, LA, will feature successful women entrepreneurs who reached milestones of billions, including a Facebook case study, and best practice presentations from some of the most successful female startup founders and executives in tech. Get tickets here.
- If you are a GEW partner and would like us to feature your organization’s event on our weekly update, please send event information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Photo Credit: Fotopedia]